Teeth Bleaching & Whitening
Teeth whitening is usually a simple way to improve your smile. Natural teeth can be bleached using safe dental products made specifically for teeth right in our office.
Facts from the ADA on both whitening
- Whitening treatments can be effective on both extrinsic and intrinsic staining.
- Only natural teeth can be whitened; in most cases, tooth-colored restorations will not bleach.
- Whitening treatments include in-office bleaching procedures, dentist-supplied products for use at home, and over-the-counter (OTC) whiteners.
- Carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide are commonly used in whitening interventions and can readily permeate dental hard tissues.
- Temporary tooth sensitivity and gingival inflammation are the most common adverse effects.